Sunday 1 July 2012

New Bullets on the go.

Howdy all! 


I'm working on my fourth Western now, already four chapters in (don't ask how many words, I haven't done a count yet, sorry).


Numbers 1 and 2 were accepted for publication straight away, unfortunately though, number 3 came back, not enough 'action' for them. I had concentrated more on the Romance of it, and veered away from the bullets, so it came back, (boo hoo). I will be altering some of it, and sending it off again, either back to Hale, or maybe I'll just LURVE it up a bit more, and send it off to a Romance publisher, who knows?


However, I have already got into this next one, so that will have to wait a while, which is okay, as the main body of it is done, so I just have to make a few alterations, instead of re-writing the whole thing.


I do enjoy writing the Westerns, but you know, sometimes I do find myself thinking, 'if only he had a mobile phone, he could get help quickly'. or - 'if he jumped in a car, he could catch them easily'. How much we rely on technology these days, without even thinking about it!


My number 1 book, 'The Ghosts of Poynter' is out on general sale now, and already doing quite well, thanks to all who got it on pre-order. Number 2, 'Crazy Man Cade' will be out in October, and to my mind, it is a better read than the first. I think that could be because there is one character in it who I really enjoyed writing (and it's not the actual hero!) That character keeps on coming back into my head and asking me to write his story. So I will be doing that. In fact I have the 'skeleton' of his story already written, so just have to flesh it out at some point later.


Here is a picture of my very first reader! And no, she isn't a family member, or close friend. (yet).


Okay folks, I'd better be off to the range, and get on with number 3. (No title for that yet, but it's going well up to now). See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment